Augmented Classroom is a Product by CleverBooks Ltd.
Last updated: 06.08.2020
CleverBooks Company (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates https://www.cleverbooks.eu (the “Site”,CleverBooks mobile applications). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site and mobile applications purchased through Google Play or Apple Store under CleverBooks company name and logo.
We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site, mobile applications, user experience. By using the Site and Mobile Applications of CleverBooks, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy. We are a law-abiding company that conducts our business in compliance to the prevailing regulation regarding data protection and security and we commit to protect the security and privacy of your personal data because we build long customer relationships based on trust and mutual understanding as a part of our company’s mission and vision.
HyperText Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS)
HyperText Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) is an extension of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP). CleverBooks website is secured with the HTTPS certificate. The principal motivations for HTTPS are authentication of the accessed website, protection of the privacy and integrity of the exchanged data while in transit. It protects against man-in-the-middle attacks. The bidirectional encryption of communications between a client and server protects against eavesdropping and tampering of the communication,.In practice, this provides a reasonable assurance that one is communicating without interference by attackers with the website that one intended to communicate with, as opposed to an impostor.
The authentication aspect of HTTPS requires a trusted third party to sign server side digital certificates. HTTPS is now used more often by web users than the original non-secure HTTP, primarily to protect page authenticity on all types of websites; secure accounts; and to keep private user communications, identity, and web browsing.This will become especially important in year 2 when the forum (including user accounts and user generated content) will be integrated in the website.
CleverBooks also uses SSL certificate
Privacy and Cookies Policy
Pursuant to article no. 13 of the Regulation EU n. 2016/679 (GDPR), and in general in observance of the principle of transparency set forth in the above Regulation, personal data will be processed with automated tools for the management of web services connected with the CleverBooks website, within the framework of the institutional objectives of scientific research and administrative activities.
CleverBooks will collect and process complete reports on each transaction, offer or other financial relationship with the User, and regarding the User’s order fulfilment on CleverBooks website.
We also may collect personally identifiable information that you provide to us, such as your name, address, phone number or email address. With your permission, we may also access other personal information on your devices, such as your phone book, calendar or messages, in order to provide services to you. If authorized by you, we may also access profile and other information from services like Facebook. Our systems are not designed to associate personal information with your activities (such as pages you view or things you click on or search for). Note that we use the camera on your mobile device for the performance of the application (s) CleverBooks has provided to you. We do not use camera on your mobile device for any other purposes and we do not have any access to your media files store on your mobile device or remotely could be accessed from your mobile device on which any of CleverBooks’ applications installed.
CleverBooks is committed to protect each information/data of the User submitted to CleverBooks and/or collected by CleverBooks, utilized electronically by CleverBooks.
However, CleverBooks does not guarantee the confidentiality of such User submitted information, in the event that there are other parties obtaining or utilizing the User’s information against the law and without permission from CleverBooks.
We use physical, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard information in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. Please note, however, that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect the information we maintain, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us.
Types of processed data and purpose of the processing
Browsing data: When users browse the website, it acquires some navigation data, whose transmission is implicit in the internet communication protocols. Data are not collected to be associated to the identified people concerned. Data may be used to obtain aggregated and anonymous statistical information on website usage and to check its correct operation. Data are stored only for as long as it is necessary. Data may be used to ascertain the responsibility of users in case of potential digital crimes affecting the website. Data provided voluntarily by users – The optional, voluntary and explicit transmission of personal data, including email address, required in the website related web services (e.g. subscribing to newsletters) entails the subsequent acquisition of such data for the sole purpose of replying/responding to the users’ requests and managing the web services. Specific policies will be progressively posted or displayed on the website pages designed for special on-demand services.
Cookies: Cookies active on this website do not record personal data. CleverBooks website uses Google Analytics, a data analysis service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) to improve the usability of web services and the communications with users, to assess user internationalization levels, to promote institutional activities according to the various communication target groups. Google may disclose the data collected to third parties, if required by law. Data are collected for institutional purposes only and shall never be transferred for commercial purposes. For further information see Google terms. The website uses the following cookies:
Technical Cookies & Cookies that allow:
- Website navigation and usability;
- Aggregated collection of information on number of users and how users visit the website (“Google analytics”);
- Browsing in function of selected criteria (e.g. language, “functionalities cookies”) to improve user experience.
These cookies are not used for purposes other than those described above and therefore their installation does not require your consent.
Third-party profiling cookies: These cookies are installed by parties other than CleverBooks and need your consent to be installed. If you refuse consent, they will be not installed. We may allow third-parties from other providers that need your consent; if not given they will not be installed. Please follow the links below to view the privacy policies of the above third parties where you will be allowed to consent to the installation of such cookies. Please note that if you do not express your preference and continue your navigation in the website, you will consent to the use of such cookies.
- Google Analytics & Aggregated collection of information on number of users and how users visit the website
- Google Fonts & Application online archive for the integration of free fonts for web interfaces
- Google Maps & Web mapping service
To disable, remove or block cookies you can use your browser’s settings or the DNT option (Do Not Track), if applicable. CleverBooks does not guarantee the full operation of the website when cookies have been disabled. How to disable cookies from browsers:
Method and length of data processing: Personal data shall be processed:
- with automatic tools;
- by individuals authorized to perform such tasks by the Law;
- by using proper measures to ensure confidentiality and avoid access by non-authorized third parties;
- only for the time necessary to achieve the purposes for which they were collected.
We do not store or share your precise location.
You can request to see or delete your personal data. You also contact us by email to request to see or delete this information. And you can uninstall our mobile application from your device at any time. We remove personally identifiable information (such as your name, address, email or phone number) and other preferences associated with your account promptly after you delete your account. We may retain other data indefinitely.
We generally do not share personally identifiable information (such as name, address, email or phone) with other companies for marketing purposes, therefore, we can guarantee your information confidentiality apart from the events listed below:
- If CleverBooks will get acquired/bought/merged by/with a third party, the user information might be shared
- If CleverBooks will be obliged to disclose/share user information for legal purposes.
- Analytics companies may access anonymous data (such as your IP address or device ID) to help us understand how our services are used. They use this data solely on our behalf. They do not share it except in aggregate form; no data is shared as to any individual user.
We take reasonable steps to secure your personally identifiable information against unauthorized access or disclosure. We encrypt transmission of data on pages where you provide payment information. However, no security or encryption method can be guaranteed to protect information from hackers or human error. Information we collect may be stored or processed on computers located in any country where we do business. We take reasonable administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to safeguard and protect your information from unauthorized access or disclosure. This includes utilizing Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the personal information you input, and storing your information in encrypted form behind a firewall designed to block access from outside our network. However, no security or encryption method can be guaranteed to protect information from hackers or human error.
If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy policies, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any complaints/suggestions or concerns about our privacy policies, please contact us: email@example.com
Rights of the person concerned:
Pursuant to Section III of the GDPR, the person concerned shall be entitled to exercise their right to:
- access personal data (you will therefore have the right to have free information about the personal data held by the Data Controller, as well as to obtain a copy thereof in an accessible format);
- amend incorrect, inaccurate or old data (upon your request, where the data do not express evaluation elements);
- withdraw consent (if you had consented to the processing, you may withdraw your consent at any time and upon such revocation of consent your data shall no longer be processed);
- cancel their personal data – right to be forgotten (for example, in case of withdrawal of consent, if there is no other legal basis for data processing);
- restrict data processing (in certain cases – dispute the accuracy of the data, within the timeframe necessary for verification; dispute the lawfulness of the processing with refusal to the cancellation; your need to use the data to exercise your defense rights, while they are no longer useful for the purposes of the processing; in the event that the processing has been denied, while the necessary checks are being carried out – the data will be stored in such a manner that they may be restored if need be, but, in the meantime, cannot be consulted by the Controller if not in relation to the validity of your request for restriction);
- deny consent to the processing due to legitimate reasons (under certain circumstances, you may in any case object to the processing of data, and in any case you may refuse processing for direct marketing purposes);
- data portability (upon your request, the data shall be transmitted to the subject indicated by you in such a format that they can be easily consulted and used);
- advance a dispute to the Supervisory Authority (Privacy Authority).
Exercise of users’ data protection rights: You may contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, in order to assert your rights, namely: the confirmation of the existence of data concerning yourself and their origin and processing and the purposes thereof; the cancellation, transformation into anonymous form or the blocking of data processed in violation of the law; the updating, rectification or integration of data; certification that the operations have been brought to the attention of those to whom the data were communicated or disseminated. You may also object at any time to the possible profiling of your personal data.
Questions: If you have any questions about this policy or your privacy on the Services, please contact us at email@example.com.